Panel cutout and nearing the end of parts acquisition
The round arcade buttons are all slightly smaller than I was anticipating for the central portion for which I need to drill through the panel (the dimensions on the eBay description weren't clear). As a result, my layouts are a little off - but I can still use the center mark for each drilling point - so I went ahead and used them as is.
So now it was time to start cutting the panels out. I picked up a 2'x4' piece of 1/4" MDF at Menards for about $5.60. It turns out that they were a little shy of 2' by about 1/8". Since my layout calls for 2'x3' finished size and the saw kerf would take more out of the boards, I was going to end up with smaller than 6" heights on each panel unless I bought another sheet of MDF. But there is nothing critical about these dimensions, so I slightly undersized each panel.
To cut the boards, the easiest and most accurate thing to do would be to use a table saw. I don't have one, but I do have a bandsaw - not a fantastic one, just a small 9" table top one, but it would suffice for cutting through thin MDF. So if you don't have a table saw, don't let that discourage you - there are other methods you can use. You could even use a simple jigsaw and a straight edge, but the setup for each cut would get to be tedious. With a bandsaw, at least, the kerf from the blade is pretty small, so each panel ended up only marginally shorter than 6". When the panels were cut out, I then used the reverse-printed labels and glued them to the panels with a spray adhesive. I haven't adhered the labels for the central panels yet, though, because I forgot to reverse print those. I'll get them tomorrow.